Good governance is the cornerstone of a successful business. LC attorneys across our various practice groups have been at the forefront of developing best practices in corporate governance and compliance across numerous industries. We advise our business clients on their record-keeping, management, disclosure, and internal control obligations and help them navigate the morass of federal and state laws and regulations applicable to their businesses.
Specifically, we provide corporate governance and compliance representation in the following areas:
- Fiduciary duties of Directors and Officers, including duties of care and loyalty.
- Crafting Corporate Codes of Ethics and Employment Handbooks.
- Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest.
- Shareholder and Management communications and disclosures.
- Interested Director scenarios.
- Shareholder rights.
- Structuring Boards and committees.
- Compliance with SEC requirements and disclosure obligations.
- Financial transparency and reporting.
- Public and private securities offerings.