“It is only when we reach the end that we understand the importance of our decisions in the beginning.”
When starting a new business, the type of legal entity chosen can have vast implications upon both the governance and economics to be derived from the business. Each business structure has distinct rules regarding management and tax treatment. Our attorneys have extensive experience in organizing business of all forms across various jurisdictions, including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, limited partnerships, and limited liability partnerships.
Our transactional team will guide you through the process of forming your business, including the preparation and filing of the relevant documentation, including:
- Formation documents such as Certificates of Formation and Articles of Incorporation.
- Partnership Agreements.
- Stockholder Agreements.
- Completing and submitting EIN Applications.
- Authorizing and Opening Bank Accounts.
- Operating Agreements of LLCs.
- Authorization and Issuance of Stock Certificates.
- Preparation of minutes of meetings of the Board of Directors and Shareholders.
Once formed, our corporate team partners with you as your business takes its first steps. We provide our clients with guidance and assistance in the following areas of a company’s initial operations:
- Capital Raising.
- Business Plan review and preparation.
- Employment contracts and handbooks.
- Execution Compensation and Stock Option Plans.
- Franchise and Distribution Agreements and regulations.
- Confidentiality Agreements.
- Buy/Sell Agreements involving involuntary and voluntary transfers of equity in the business.
- Business lifecycle representation.
- Exit and Succession planning.