The websites of Liberman Canna LLP are meant to be used by persons over the age of 13; if you are 13 or younger, you must obtain the permission of your parent(s) or guardian before using our websites or submitting any personal information.
How we obtain your personal data:
As a law firm, we regularly receive personal data as part of our professional activities. We may collect your personal data:
- As part of our business intake procedures;
- When you or your organization seek legal advice or employment from us;
- When you or your organization offer or provide services as our vendor;
- When you browse or interact with our website(s) or use any of our online services;
- When you email us or provide such data to us in other circumstances, such as when you request details about or attend a firm sponsored event, or when you engage with the alumni or careers portal.
Ordinarily, you will have provided any such data to us. But sometimes, we may collect data about you from a third-party source, such as government or credit reporting agencies, an information or service provider or from public records.
The personal data we collect and process
The personal information we collect and process may include:
- Basic information, such as your name, your employer, your title or position and your relationship to a person;
- Contact information, such as your physical address, email address and phone number(s);
- Financial information, such as bank account details;
- Technical information (including your IP address), such as information from your visits to our website or applications or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically;
- Information you provide to us to attend meetings and events, including access and dietary requirements;
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected by us as part of our business acceptance processes;
- Personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients, partners and employees or generated by us in the course or providing services and employment, which may include special categories of data;
- Details of your visits to our offices; and
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
How we use your personal data
Whether we receive your personal data directly from you or from a third-party source, we will only use your personal data in our ordinary professional activities (including the fulfillment of our legal or regulatory obligations). These “Permitted Uses” may include:
- Providing legal advice or other services to our clients;
- Managing our business relationship with you or your organization, whether in the provision or procurement of goods and services or as your employer or former employer, including processing payments, accounting, auditing, billing and collection, and related support services;
- Acting in compliance with our legal obligations, including regarding anti-money laundering and sanctions checks;
- Managing and securing access to our offices, systems and online platforms;
- Complying with court orders and other legal and regulatory requirements;
- Processing necessary for the legitimate interest of the firm or third parties provided that such interests are not overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms; and
- For any purpose related to the foregoing or for any purpose for which you provided the personal data to LC.
If you have given us your express consent, we may process your personal data for additional purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time. Additional purposes for which we may process your personal data may include:
- Communicating with you regarding legal developments, announcements, events and LC products and services which may interest you;
- Distributing surveys or marketing materials;
- Gathering information regarding your preferences to improve the quality of our communications and interaction with you, such as through website analytics or the tracking of our client publications; and
- Any other purpose for which you have given consent.
How we share your personal data
A list of Liberman Canna’s offices, with contact information, may be found on our website. Despite how we obtain your personal data, it may be shared among all the offices within Liberman Canna. We may also need to transfer personal data to third parties, for example (but not limited to) sub-contractors, other counsel and accountants and third parties involved in your matters.
Where we share or transfer your personal data, we will do this under applicable data protection laws and will take safeguards to ensure its integrity and protection.
Keeping your personal data secure
We will take technical and organizational measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data under our internal security procedures covering its storage, access, and destruction. Personal data may be stored on our own technology systems or those of our vendors or in paper files.
Retaining your personal data
We will delete your personal data when it is no longer reasonably required for the Permitted Uses or you withdraw your consent (where applicable), provided that we are not legally required or otherwise permitted to continue to hold such data. We may retain your personal data for an additional period to the extent deletion would require us to overwrite our automated disaster recovery backup systems or to the extent we deem it necessary to assert or defend legal claims during any relevant retention period.
Your rights regarding your personal data
Besides your rights under applicable data protection legislation and where we are permitted or required by applicable law and regulation and by our professional obligations, we will provide you, upon request, with a copy of your personal data and we will correct any errors identified by you. Except as set forth above, we will not use your data for any automated decision making or any profiling and you may restrict our processing of your personal data and the right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authorities regarding the processing of your personal data. We will not send you marketing materials without your express consent and will also comply with your request to stop sending any such further communications. All such requests, or questions or comments regarding this policy or our handling of your personal data, should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Privacy Notice was updated in December 2019. We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice occasionally to reflect changing legal requirements or our processing practices. Any such changes will be posted on this website and will be effective upon posting.